Although most states follow federal law in calculating overtime and other wage and hour issues, California does not. The California Supreme Court reinforced this principle in a recent decision about calculating overtime pay for employees who receive “flat-sum” bonuses.Tags: Benefits Compensation Equal Pay Pay
- Janet L. Heins|California, News, Overtime Eligibility and Exemptions, Benefits, Compensation, Equal Pay, Pay
Pennsylvania’s governor has directed the state labor department to develop a plan to clarify overtime regulations and increase the...
- Janet L. Heins|Communication, Compensation Communication, News, Overtime Eligibility and Exemptions, Benefits, Compensation, Equal Pay, Pay
A building manager who attended management meetings and supervised and directed others could still be entitled to overtime pay...
- Janet L. Heins|Influencing Government Policy, News, Overtime Eligibility and Exemptions, Benefits, Compensation, Equal Pay, Pay
The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals granted a Department of Labor (DOL) motion to halt litigation over the...
- Janet L. Heins|Intra-Organizational Relationships, News, Overtime Eligibility and Exemptions, Benefits, Compensation, Equal Pay, Pay
A case that had oral arguments before the Supreme Court may decide not only whether the nation’s 100,000 service...
- Janet L. Heins|Disease Management, Leadership and Navigation, News, Prescription Drug Plans, Benefits, Compensation, Equal Pay, Pay
Given the expanding scope of the opioid crisis, more employers are working directly with their health plans and pharmacy...
- Janet L. Heins|California, Compensation Compliance, News, Benefits, Compensation, Equal Pay, Pay
General contractors’ top priorities on a construction project are completing the work on time, completing the work within budget...
Contact the Attorneys of H.E.L.P. – Heins Employment Law Practice Employee Rights Law Practice LLC for a Free Initial Phone Consultation. We serve EMPLOYEES AND PLAINTIFFS ONLY in Milwaukee, Whitefish Bay, Fox Point, Shorewood, River Hills, Hartford, Elm Grove, Pewaukee, Lake Geneva, Merton, West Bend, Brookfield, Waukesha, Menomonee Falls, Germantown, Fond Du Lac, Appleton, Manitowoc, Cedarburg, Port Washington, Grafton, Sheboygan, Green Bay and Madison Wisconsin on employee discrimination, retaliation, harassment, FMLA (Family Leave Medical Act), and employee rights.
We do not represent any employers, so you can be sure there will never be a conflict of interest. We can represent employees of private companies and federal employees all of the way to the Wisconsin Supreme court and beyond all of the way to U.S. Supreme Court if necessary.
Wisconsin Employment Attorneys Serving the Greater Milwaukee Area and Wisconsin For free consultation* or to set up an appointment with our team of dedicated employment law attorneys:
Contact our law firm online, Call our office at 262-241-8444 or Toll free at 866-241-8444
H.E.L.P. – Heins Employment Law Practice Employee Rights Attorneys
200 North Executive Drive, Suite 101
Brookfield, WI 53005
*There is no charge for your initial phone consultation.