As tax season begins, the IRS is urging employers to educate their HR and payroll staff about a Form W-2 phishing scam that victimized hundreds of organizations last year. In this scheme, cybercriminals posing as executives send e-mails to people with access to payroll information requesting copies of Forms W-2 for all employees.Tags: Benefits Compensation Equal Pay Pay
- Janet L. Heins|Decision-Making, Family and Medical Leave, Minimum Wage, News, Benefits, Compensation, Equal Pay, Pay
The U.S. Department of Labor’s opinion letter permitting employers to not pay nonexempt workers on Family and Medical Leave...
- Janet L. Heins|California, Critical Evaluation, News, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Equal Pay, Pay
When California employers fail to accurately provide certain details on pay stubs, they might incur steep fines under state...
- Janet L. Heins|Communication, Employee Relations Communication, Family and Medical Leave, News, Benefits, Compensation, Equal Pay, Pay
Citing the employer’s “insufficient documentation,” a federal court found that genuine questions existed as to whether a former employee...
- Janet L. Heins|News, Relationship Management, Retirement and Financial Planning, Benefits, Compensation, Equal Pay, Pay
When employees are suffering financial hardship, it shows up in their work. As employers increasingly recognize that financial wellness...
- Janet L. Heins|Benefits and Taxation, Defined Contribution Plans, Influencing Government Policy, News, Benefits, Compensation, Equal Pay, Pay
The “buzz” that a GOP tax reform bill would limit pretax contributions to employer-sponsored 401(k) accounts grew louder last...
Contact the Attorneys of H.E.L.P. – Heins Employment Law Practice Employee Rights Law Practice LLC for a Free Initial Phone Consultation. We serve EMPLOYEES AND PLAINTIFFS ONLY in Milwaukee, Whitefish Bay, Fox Point, Shorewood, River Hills, Hartford, Elm Grove, Pewaukee, Lake Geneva, Merton, West Bend, Brookfield, Waukesha, Menomonee Falls, Germantown, Fond Du Lac, Appleton, Manitowoc, Cedarburg, Port Washington, Grafton, Sheboygan, Green Bay and Madison Wisconsin on employee discrimination, retaliation, harassment, FMLA (Family Leave Medical Act), and employee rights.
We do not represent any employers, so you can be sure there will never be a conflict of interest. We can represent employees of private companies and federal employees all of the way to the Wisconsin Supreme court and beyond all of the way to U.S. Supreme Court if necessary.
Wisconsin Employment Attorneys Serving the Greater Milwaukee Area and Wisconsin For free consultation* or to set up an appointment with our team of dedicated employment law attorneys:
Contact our law firm online, Call our office at 262-241-8444 or Toll free at 866-241-8444
H.E.L.P. – Heins Employment Law Practice Employee Rights Attorneys
200 North Executive Drive, Suite 101
Brookfield, WI 53005
*There is no charge for your initial phone consultation.